- Diameter of thru axle is 12 mm.
- Thread pitch is 1.75 mm.
- True length of axle is 180 mm, but can be shortened to 174 mm with the included spacer.
This thru axle is for attaching an Old Man Mountain rack to the rear of a bike that has a 12 mm thru axle with 1.75 mm thread pitch and 180 mm or 174 mm length. We partner with The Robert Axle Project to supply our thru axles.
Our Fit Kits are tried and tested! Old Man Mountain was born in 1996 from the need to mount racks on bikes without traditional mounting points and make every bike capable of doing more. Our Fit Kits do just that while having some key benefits over eyelet mounting too.
- Fit Kits protect your bike. Not all bike eyelets are meant for racks, most are only made for fenders or have very low weight limits. Axle mounting protects your frame by moving the load from a small bolt that's loaded in shear to a stud that extends from the axle and is captured by the rack dropouts.
- Need to carry more gear? Axle mounting increases our Divide rack's load capacity to 70lbs/33kg.
- Want to move your rack between multiple bikes? Fit Kits make it easy to swap between bikes or front and rear mounting with just a few bolts.?
Fit Kit #811 is for mounting an Old Man Mountain Sherpa Classic on to the rear of a bike with a 12 mm thru axle.
- Thru Axle: 12 mm thru axle with 174 or 180 mm length and x 1.75 mm thread pitch.
- Pair of 5" Dropouts. Attach the rack frame to thru axle. Fits all wheel sizes with tire width 3 inches or under.
- Pair of 14" extenders. Stabilize and level the rack.
- Pair of OMM Pucks. Allows for an upper attachment point for the rack.
- Stainless steel mounting hardware.