- Thru Axle: 15 mm thru axle with 148 mm length and x 1.5 mm thread pitch.
- Pair of 5" Dropouts. Attach the rack frame to thru axle to fit all fat bike tire sizes.
- Pair of 6" extenders. Stabilize and level the rack.
- Pair of OMM Pucks. Mount to the fork to provide an upper attachment point for the rack.
- Stainless steel mounting hardware.
- Sort by Rating
Fit Kit #701 is for mounting an Old Man Mountain Classic Sherpa to the front of a bike with a 15 mm thru axle.
This thru axle is for attaching an Old Man Mountain rack to the rear of a bike that has a 12 mm thru axle with 1.75 mm thread pitch and 174 or 167 mm length with included spacers. We partner with The Robert Axle Project to supply our thru axles.
- Diameter of thru axle is 12 mm.
- Thread pitch is 1.75 mm.
- True length of axle is 174 mm, but can be shortened to 167 mm with the included spacers.
Old Man Mountain was born in 1996 from the need to mount racks on bikes without traditional mounting points and make every bike capable of doing more. Our Fit Kits also have some key benefits over eyelet mounting.
- Fit Kits protect your bike. Not all bike eyelets are meant for racks, most are only made for fenders or have very low weight limits. Axle mounting protects your frame.
- Need to carry more gear? Axle mounting increases our rack's load capacity to 70lbs/33kg.
- Want to move your rack between multiple bikes? Fit Kits make it easy to swap between bikes or front and rear mounting with just a few bolts.