BIKE RACK INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
HOW TO INSTALL A PIZZA RACK
This rack is eyelet-mount ready out of the box. If your bike does not have upper and lower eyelets, we produce a full-line of Fit Kits for thru axles or QR skewers.
- 4mm hex
- Torque wrench
- 10mm box wrench
- Anti-seize (preferred) or grease
If installing one of our Fit Kits that uses pucks, you will also need:
- pliers or third hand tool
- cable cutters or nail clippers
- 5mm hex (for rear Fit Kit)
- 6mm hex (for front Fit Kits)
Don’t forget to apply anti-seize (preferred) or grease to all bolts. This will prevent the bolts from, you guessed it, seizing and making it hard to remove the bolts down the road. Don’t worry, we use Nyloc nuts where needed to prevent bolts from loosening on their own.
STEP 1: ASSEMBLE THE RACK
- While the uprights of the Pizza Rack look identical they are left and right specific. Look at the top of the upright tube and you’ll see a vent hole on one side of the tube. These vent holes face inward with the flat part of the upright facing the back of the deck.
Notice how the upright has the vent hole facing inward and the flat part of the upright facing the back of the deck.
- Use Hardware Kit 8 to attach the uprights to the inside of the threaded barrels on the deck.
NOTE: The bolts come with Loctite 242 already applied. If installing the bolts for a second time you will need to reapply Loctite 242 or grease.
STEP 2: ATTACH THE RACK TO YOUR BIKE
Now select how you will attach the rack to your bike.
STEP 3: ATTACH THE EXTENDERS
Now select how you will attach the extenders to your bike.
STEP 4: FINAL CHECK AND HARDWARE TIGHTENING
Tighten up all the hardware to the following specifications.
- M5 bolts (Eyelets) = 3 Nm
- M6 bolts (Deck and Extenders) = 6 Nm
- If you used Pucks, give the zip ties one more pull with a pair of pliers, then cut flush. (Nail clippers work well for a very flush cut).
We use Nyloc hardware where possible to ensure your rack stays securely and reliably attached to your bike on even the most rugged conditions but you should always double check all hardware and parts before each ride!
YOU’RE READY TO RIDE
Is your bike an independent thinker, unwilling to conform to bike industry norms? No problem! Our racks are incredibly adaptable and we have lots of tricks up our sleeve for strange bike fits.
For any fitment issues email us via [email protected]. We almost certainly have a solution to fit your bike and are quick to reply, If you want to get a step ahead send us a few pictures of your bike or any challenges you’ve encountered.