Fat Classic Frame
Out of stock
Out of stock
Our legendary fat bike rack. The Fat Classic Rack has literally been ridden from Alaska to Antartica. The Fat Classic can be mounted on the front or rear of your bike. Just purchase one Rack Frame and purchase a Front Fit Kit and a Rear Fit Kit so you can switch it back and forth.
*Fit Kit is not included. The beauty of Old Man Mountain is the modular design of the rack frame and Fit Kit. Invest in our frame once and multiple Fit Kits allow you to fit your current fat bike and your next fat bike.
Fat Classic Frame specifications:
- The Fat Classic Rack Frame fits tire diameters up to 26 x 5.0 inches or 27.5 x 4.25 inches wide. (It does not fit the Terrene Cake Eater 27.5 x 4.5 and the Bontrager Gnarwhal 27.5 x 4.5).
- The rack tubing is 6063 welded aluminum. The main rack from is made of 1/2″ (13 mm) diameter tubing for durability, and the top rails are 3/8″ (10 mm) diameter to fit all panniers.
- The top deck measures 12.5″ x 6.5″ (317 mm x 165 mm.)
- The top deck includes a hole for mounting a reflector or a light.
- The extenders and the dropouts are manufactured from 6061 aluminum.
- The Rack Frame and Fit Kit are all powder coated matte black for finish and durability.
- Thru axles provided by The Robert Axle Project, the thru axle authority.
- Front thru axles are precision machined from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability.
- Rear thru axles are anodized precision machined from 7075 aluminum and stainless steel.
- Mounting hardware pieces are all stainless steel.
- Lifetime warranty.
- All parts are made in the USA.
For many years we have sold the Classic rack as the Sherpa rack. We chose the name in reference to Sherpas’ roles as porters not realizing it was the name of a people. It’s time we retire this name, out of respect for indigenous people in the Himalayan region and around the world. We have this reference here to acknowledge our mistake and to let people know that this is the same rack with a different name.
|Dimensions||15 × 11 × 9 in|
There are no reviews yet.